How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to iPhone
As our world becomes increasingly digital, WiFi is no longer a luxury but a necessity. Whether at home, work or in public spaces, we are always searching for a reliable and secure WiFi connection. However, the process of sharing your WiFi password with someone can be a tedious task, especially when you have to type in a complicated password. In this article, we will take a comprehensive look at how to share your WiFi password from an iPhone to iPhone effortlessly.
Before we start, it is important to note that this feature only works for iOS 11 and above. To share the WiFi password from your iPhone to iPhone, please follow the step-by-step guide below:
To make the process of sharing your WiFi password easy, ensure that the following requirements are met:
- Both iPhones should have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled.
- Your iPhone, which has the WiFi password saved, has to be unlocked and connected to the WiFi network.
- The iPhone requesting access to the WiFi password should be in proximity to your iPhone.
Steps to Share the WiFi Password
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the WiFi network window.
- Move the iPhone requesting access to the WiFi password closer to your iPhone. Ensure that both phones are near each other so that they can establish a Bluetooth connection.
- Your iPhone should detect the other iPhone, and a prompt will appear on your screen asking whether you want to share the password with the other device. Tap “Share Password.”
- Wait for the other device to accept the WiFi network connection.
- The password will automatically fill you’re the password field on the other iPhone, allowing the device to connect to the network.
And that’s it! You have successfully shared the WiFi password from your iPhone to iPhone. It’s that easy.
Using Screen Record Feature for Sharing
Alternatively, you can share the WiFi password by using the screen record feature on the iPhone. Here’s what to do:
- Enable the Screen Recording feature in the Control Center settings.
- Open the Screen Recording option and start recording the screen.
- While recording, go to the WiFi network page to show your password.
- Stop the recording once you have shown the password on the screen.
- Send the recording to the other person who can replay the recording to see the WiFi password
This process may not work as well as the previous method, but it’s useful when Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are unavailable.
For those who prefer visual aids, we have also put together a video tutorial on how to share your WiFi password from your iPhone to iPhone.
The video tutorial goes through the same steps as the written guide, and it is an excellent resource to help you through the process. Whether you are a tech newbie or a seasoned pro, the video tutorial is designed to make it easier for you to share your WiFi password with others.
There are different methods you can use to share your WiFi password from your iPhone. In this section, we will take a closer look at some of the methods available to you and weigh their pros and cons.
Sharing WiFi Passwords on iOS 12
The easiest way to share a WiFi password from one iPhone to another is by using the iOS 12 feature. In the older versions of iOS, you had to toggle AirDrop on, and both devices had to be unlocked. However, with iOS 12, you can share WiFi Passwords more efficiently. When someone requests a password, the original user will be able to grant access by tapping “Share Password” on the prompt, which will complete the process.
- Effortless Sharing: The feature simplifies the process of sharing WiFi Passwords between iPhone users.
- Built-in Feature: You don’t need to install any third-party apps, as the feature is already built into the system.
- Compatibility: The iOS 12 feature is only available in iOS 12 and above.
- No Third-Party Support: If you are not an iPhone user, you might have to stick to the other methods of sharing WiFi passwords.
iCloud Keychain is a password manager that allows you to share your WiFi passwords with other devices connected to the same icloud account. By having the same icloud account, the recipient can easily access the password by viewing it on their iPhone.
- Easy Sharing: You can share the password with any other user with access to the iCloud account.
- Centralized Storage: iCloud Keychain stores all your passwords centrally, making it easier to manage and retrieve them.
- iOS Only: The service is only available on Apple Devices, so non-iOS users don’t have the luxury of sharing WiFi passwords using iCloud Keychain.
- Complicated at Times: The complexity of the service can turn people off, especially when one has to manually set up the service first.
Providing a list of tips and tricks makes it easier to digest information, and the following tips can help make the process of sharing your WiFi password from iPhone to iPhone easier and more secure.
Use Airplane Mode
Before sharing the password with another iPhone, ensure that you turn on the Airplane mode on both phones. This will disable the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity and reduce the chance of the connection dropping during the password exchange process.
Use a WiFi Password Manager
WiFi Password managers can help keep your passwords stored and secure. An example of such an app is LastPass. Even if you don’t share it with others, having one can help you keep tabs on all your passwords, including those for WiFi networks.
Don’t Share with Strangers
Sharing WiFi passwords is a personal act of trust between two individuals. While it’s good to help someone out, it’s not recommended to share passwords with strangers or with people you don’t trust. The chance of getting hacked or getting malware is high, especially if you don’t know the person you are sharing with.
Use A Secure WiFi Password
Setting up a secure and complicated password will keep your network secure. When sharing with others, make sure that you set up a temporary password or use the password sharing methods we have outlined in this article.
Keep Your Software Up To Date
Updating your device and software adds new features, patches security vulnerabilities and improves performance. Older versions of iOS might not have the password sharing feature, so updating your phone to the latest version ensures that you have access to new features and improved security.
Q: What happens if the recipient rejects the password share request?
A: If the recipient rejects the request, you will have to reinitiate the process from the beginning. Remember that both devices have to be close to each other to establish a Bluetooth connection and the recipient’s device should accept the password share request.
Q: Can I share a WiFi password between iPhone and Android devices?
A: Unfortunately, you can’t use the automatic sharing method to share WiFi passwords between iOS and Android devices, except maybe using apps like LastPass.
Q: How do I stop sharing a WiFi password?
A: To stop sharing the WiFi password, either go to the WiFi network window and tap “Forget this network” or request that the recipient forgets the password from their device.
Sharing your WiFi password from iPhone to iPhone has never been easier. The process illustrated in this article is straightforward and effortless. If you are an iPhone user, we recommend sticking with iOS 12 and above, as it offers the easiest way to share your WiFi password. Also, remember to make your password secure to avoid any malicious activities from cybercriminals.
Using these methods, you don’t have to type a complicated password to help someone connect to your WiFi network. Likewise, you don’t have to worry about sharing your WiFi password with someone, as the methods are secure and safe.
We hope that this article has been helpful in guiding you on how to share your WiFi password from iPhone to iPhone. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.