If you are like most people, your desktop is probably cluttered with icons, making it difficult to find the applications that you need quickly. As a result, many users waste a lot of time looking for the applications they need, scrolling through a long list of files. Fortunately, creating shortcut desktop is a simple solution that can save you time and energy. In this article, we will explore different methods to create shortcut desktop and help you become more efficient.
II. Step-by-step Tutorial
Before we dive into the different methods of creating shortcut desktop, it is important to understand why it is essential. Creating desktop shortcuts is an efficient way to access your most-used applications quickly, without having to navigate a long list of files. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to create shortcut desktop.
Finding the application
First, you need to find the application you want to create a shortcut for. If it is on your desktop, you can skip this step. However, if it is buried in a folder, search for it using the Windows Search function. Click on the Windows icon and type in the name of the application or file you are looking for.
Creating a shortcut on the desktop
Once you have found the application you want to create a shortcut for, right-click the application icon and click on “Create Shortcut”. This will create a copy of the application’s icon on your desktop.
Pinning the shortcut to the taskbar
If you want to pin the shortcut to the taskbar for easy access, right-click the shortcut icon and select “Pin to Taskbar”. This will place the shortcut on your taskbar, allowing you to access the application with just one click.
III. Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts are a fast and efficient way to create shortcut desktop. Here are some keyboard shortcuts you can use to create shortcut desktop:
– Windows key + D: minimize all open windows to show the desktop. Then, find the application you want to create a shortcut for and right-click the icon to create a shortcut.
– Ctrl + Shift + Esc: open the Task Manager and find the application you want to create a shortcut for. Right-click the application and choose “Create shortcut”.
– Alt + F4: close the application window. Then, right-click the desktop and select “New Shortcut”. Enter the path of the application and click “Finish” to create the shortcut.
IV. Drag and Drop Method
The drag and drop method is another easy way to create shortcut desktop. Here are the steps:
– Find the application you want to create a shortcut for and click and hold the left mouse button.
– Drag the application to an empty space on your desktop or the taskbar.
– Release the mouse button to create the shortcut.
V. Right-Click Method
The right-click method is a straightforward way to create shortcut desktop. Here are the steps:
– Find the application you want to create a shortcut for and right-click the icon.
– Select “Send to” followed by “Desktop (create shortcut)”.
– The shortcut will be placed on your desktop.
VI. Using Third-Party Applications
There are numerous third-party applications that can help you create shortcut desktop more efficiently. Here are some of the best third-party applications to consider:
– RocketDock: a portable, free, and customizable application that places a dock on your desktop for easy access to your favorite applications.
– ObjectDock: another free application that lets you add shortcuts, folders, and widgets to your desktop for easy access.
– Fences: a paid desktop organization tool that allows you to group icons and shortcuts into separate shaded areas on your desktop.
VII. Using the Command-Line
The command-line interface (CLI) is another way to create shortcut desktop. Here are the steps:
– Open the command prompt by clicking on the Windows icon, typing in “cmd”, and pressing enter.
– Type in “START “application name” /D “application path”” and press enter. This will create a shortcut on your desktop.
Creating shortcut desktop can save you time and make your work more efficient. Whether you prefer using keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop, right-click, or third-party applications, there is a solution for everyone. Try these methods out and find the one that works best for you to become more productive and efficient.